This Initial Consultation Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of the initial consultation between T FRANK LAW, PLLC (“we” or “us”) and the undersigned prospective client(s) (“you”):
1. Purpose. The purpose of the initial consultation is for us (a) to learn about you and your particular legal needs based on the information you provide; (b) to answer your questions to the best of our ability; (c) to identify your options and, to the extent possible, analyze the costs and benefits of those alternatives; (d) to help you determine your course of action, if any; (e) to discuss our fees and terms of representation if an attorney-client relationship is to be established after the meeting; and (f) to determine the next steps in the process, as appropriate.
2. Confidentiality. All information and documents that you provide to us at the initial consultation shall remain strictly confidential, whether or not you decide to retain us to provide legal services, except as authorized by you or otherwise provided under the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct, the Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the rules of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.
3. Reliance Limited. Because it may be impossible to fully assess a matter within the time frame allotted for the initial consultation or with the information or documents that you provide at the initial consultation, you should not rely upon any legal opinions provided by us during the initial consultation concerning any legal matter.
4. Limited Scope. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be established by the initial consultation. The initial consultation is a limited scope service provided by us to help you determine whether you may want to retain us to provide legal services. At the conclusion of the initial consultation, there is no obligation for you to retain us, nor do we have an obligation to provide services to you, unless mutually agreed.
5. Engagement Agreement Required. Following the initial consultation, if you agree to retain us, and if we agree to provide services to you, then we will prepare a separate, more detailed Engagement Agreement to be executed by both parties. The new Engagement Agreement will supersede this Initial Consultation Agreement and will set forth the terms and conditions of our representation of you, including our fees and the specific services to be performed by us.
6. Cost of Initial Consultation. T FRANK LAW, PLLC charges an initial consultation fee of $350, which is due prior to the initial consultation appointment and is non-refundable. However, if you retain us by signing a written Engagement Agreement, as referenced in Paragraph 5 above, within sixty (60) days of the initial consultation, such $350 consultation fee shall be applied to the first month’s bill or flat fee payment (depending on the payment arrangement made).